Organizations, universities, clubs and/or trip leaders who want to bring groups to work side-by-side with WASI communities are welcome to apply to be WASI Builders. Individuals are welcome to contact us to find out how to get involved. Please review all the information on this page, then fill out and submit your application. Once we receive your application, we will schedule a time to discuss and confirm the WASI Delegation with whom you will work. We will contact you within one week of receiving your application.
General information to consider:
- Passport: You will need a current passport that is valid for at least six months beyond your travel dates. Some countries may also require a visa.
- Language fluency: WASI communities are in both English and Spanish speaking countries. If you will be in a Spanish-speaking country, it would be helpful for at least one third of your team to have mid-level Spanish-speaking abilities, including your team lead.
- Individuals: No experience is required. Minimum age is 18, no maximum age limit. Team members must be in good physical health in order to join WASI Builders.
WASI BUILDERS APPLICATION FORM
For correct submission, please be sure to fill in every answer field.
If no answer is applicable, please write “N/A”. Thank you!
[contact-form-7 id="3499" title="WASI Builders Application Form"]
If you have questions about your application, please contact Hayley at WASIbuilders@kleiwerks.org.
Once your group has been confirmed, a 50% transferable, but non-refundable deposit is required to secure your reservation. The remainder of your fee is due by March 1st, 2012, or sooner. The entirety of your fee is transferable, but non-refundable until 60 days prior to your trip, after which time all fees are non-transferable and non-refundable.
100% of your fee supports WASI women and their communities, including their participation in WASI; programmatic and project development, network coordination and consultations; media outreach and documentation.
The two-week immersion is $1,000 per person (plus a $200 food allowance per person, which should be paid to your WASI host upon your arrival). All trips can have a maximum of 12 participants + two team leaders. If you would like to participate for more than two weeks, bring a larger group, or discuss how team leads can cover expenses, please contact us to discuss details and make arrangements. Travel, visas, entry fees, immunization, and medical insurance are not included in the fee.
Your fee covers:
• 8-12 people being hosted at a WASI community + 2 team leads
• Natural building and community related projects
• All tools, materials and related supplies
• Simple indoor accommodations or camping. You may need to bring tents.
• Your food allowance will cover simple meals that will be arranged by your WASI host. You may need to be involved with meal preparation.
• Support from WASI’s staff, including:
–Guidance on your travel itinerary
–Help to identify the WASI Delegation that will best suit your needs
–Use of our outreach material and media archives if you need to raise funds
–Outreach and media connections that will support you sharing your story
–Next step connections with our global network of ecological building specialists
–Fundraising support if your group should need it. Where there’s a will, there’s a way!
Credit card: Via PayPal
Check or money order: Please send to Kleiwerks International, 80 Buchanan Ave, Asheville, NC 28801, USA. Please write: “WASI Builders” in the memo line and include a memo with: your group’s name, contact info, and program date and country. Thank you.
Some payment options:
If you should need support, please don’t hesitate to be in touch.
Sponsorship: We can help you put together a sponsorship outreach letter.
Staggered payments: We can create a payment plan that works for you.
Crowdrise: We can support you in raising tax-deductible donations.
To discuss details or for questions, please contact Hayley at WASIbuilders@kleiwerks.org.