POSITIONS NOW AVAILABLE
***AVAILABLE –> Marketing & PR Specialist, Social Media Coordinator, Multimedia Coordinator, Film-maker, News Media Coordinator, Newsletter & Graphics Coordinator
Filled: Multimedia Storyteller(s), Multimedia Strategist, Photographic Bookmaker
Filled: WASI Program Coordinator(s), Operations Manager
—> If you are interested in a position that has already been filled or feel you have something unique to offer, please contact WASI@kleiwerks.org. We are growing quickly and more help may be needed!
The Women of the Americas Sustainability Initiative (WASI) is an action-oriented alliance of women leaders who construct, educate, organize, and advocate for strong and empowered communities through ecological design-build practices, with the aim of creating a socially and ecologically resilient world. Vision: We envision women leading the building of thriving communities that include healthy shelter, food, water and environments that are harmonious with the natural world and local cultures. Goals: To inspire peer-based local, regional and global alliances of women who: 1) Lead ecological design-build projects that affirm, revive and refine indigenous building practices, 2) Generate local participation that builds thriving, empowered communities, and 3) Create healthy, long-lasting and integrated environments that support the well-being of all.
Starting March 2012, WASI has been bringing together teams of women through Apprenticeship programs that collaborate with communities on start-to-finish natural building projects. A crew of 10 apprentices, two assistants, and the host community come together to build, learn, live and have a blast together! Global Peers and other members of the WASI Corps, including design-build specialists and in-country delegates, help to organize, teach and support the Apprenticeships. Also, on a yearly basis, the WASI Corps will join together for a 2-week training convergence in order to share stories and best practices, vision and strategize next steps, and, of course, play in the mud together.
Global Peer Commitment
• The Call: Being a Global Peer starts with feeling a ‘call’ and deep commitment to this work.
• Ownership: As a Global Peers, you will play your part in helping WASI be a strong global alliance!
• Hours: 5-12 hours per week. See links above for details.
• Timeline: A 1-2 year commitment, can vary.
• Material rights: Kleiwerks International reserves rights to all materials related to WASI. All global peers, delegates, WASI apprentices, our hosts and some sponsors will have access to these materials, with credit attributed.
• Relationship building: Work in teams with other WASI Corps members. Share brief monthly updates.
Global Peer Benefits
As one of WASI’s 20 Global Peers, you will:
• Be part of a global alliance of women leaders who build, educate, organize, and advocate for strong and empowered communities.
• Work closely with KI’s Director and an accomplished, compassionate and dynamic team of professionals who are dedicated to social and ecological justice.
• Build deeply connected relationships with WASI’s delegates from 10+ countries.
• Participate in the annual two-week WASI Convergence and be part of the close-knit team that makes it possible. Accommodations and food will be covered, but travel is not included unless we meet 100% of our fundraising goals.
• Join a WASI Apprenticeship and learn natural building from top notch instructors. Camping and tuition will be covered. You will need to pay for food and travel.
• As a part of the WASI Corps, you will have access to shared media archives, as well as to WASI communities, other centers, and natural builders around the world.
• Most importantly, help build a movement that will benefit thousands of women around the world.
How to Apply
Send a letter of interest, resume and two references to email@example.com. Be in touch soon!